Candles are a decorative and aromatic resource that cannot be missing in your home, much less when it comes to scented candles fruity and fresh, giving an unparalleled feeling of cleanliness and well-being.
These candles with fragrance to lavender are contained in lemon peels, yes, as you see, in lemon peels that you can keep after making a delicious soda. Orange or grapefruit peels may also be used.
- 1 cup candle or paraffin wax
- lavender essential oil
- dried lavender
- 2 lemons
- 4 wicks for candles
- food colouring (optional)
- a glass jar (for microwaves) or a tin (in a bain-marie)
- a knife
- a stir stick
- Cut the lemons in half lengthwise. Gently remove the pulp and set aside for use in some culinary preparation.
- Pour the wax or paraffin in the glass container, it is best to use a bottle to discard after preparation, as it is very cumbersome to clean when the wax hardens. Take a couple of minutes to microwave and the wax will melt, remove and check if it melted completely. If you don’t have a microwave, all you have to do is place the paraffin in a tin, it can be canned or natural fruits, and place it in a small pot with water and take it to Bain Marie until it melts completely.
- Add dry lavender and stir, add lavender essential oil and a few drops of food coloring if desired. Integrate well.
- Place the wicks on the lemon peels and pour in the preparation of melted wax, dried lavender, oil and colouring. It is necessary to be careful in this step that the lemon peels do not turn over, it is convenient to use a tray with salt or rice to hold them. Let the candles rest in a cool place.
I loved this idea, and even more so at this time of year, as it comes to mind to place them in a well-lit environment, overlooking the garden. And another detail that occurs to me is to place bottles with sprigs of natural lavender flowers supported on a slice of wood, a candle and perhaps some cloves of scent, the combination is ideal, don’t you think? This can turn out to be a beautiful centerpiece for communion.
I hope you liked it as much as I did. See you soon! ♥