According to tradition, the dream catchers help to keep good ideas and nice, beautiful dreams with us, and to protect those who have them. The moment of dreams is influenced by good and bad energiesThe latter are trapped by the web of the dream catcher and dissipate through the central hole with the first rays of sunlight. There are people who interpret the word “dreams“as longings, desires or aspirations and they see the dream catcher as generators of good fortune, and they would help us achieve what we set out to do. And you are welcome to do so!
To make a dream catcher you need your creativity, that is fundamental, since there is no rule to follow. They were traditionally made by hand with willow wood rings, with a net inside and decorated with feathers. Today they have been modernized and can be made with wire rings, wood, etc. They are decorated with laces, threads and beads of wood, glass, and even metal. The idea is to maintain the original rusticity and naturalness but adapting them to our taste.
In this case, the dream catcher I share today, is basically made with a small crocheted folder or tablecloth, if you don’t know how to make them, you can buy them at a very low cost. It is also decorated with lace, small pearls, buttons, wooden beads and white feathers. Below you can see the step by step.
Materials for making a dream catcher
- Wire or wooden ring of the desired size
- Woven folder
- Lace, thread, lace, lace
- Wooden beads, pearls, feathers, leaves, buttons
- Sewing needle for wool
How to make a dream catcher
- Thread a needle with thick cotton thread, tie to the chosen ring. Start attaching the woven folder to the hoop by passing through a point on the edge of the folder and then through the hoop. Take a few laps around the ring just to create space. Continue like this all around.
- When you reach the end of the lap, tie the thread to the knot at the beginning to hold everything in place. Do not cut the remaining thread, with this one you make a little bow to be able to hang the dream catcher.
- Then make the decorations, for this, take strips of thread of different lengths and tie a feather to the tip, then thread different types of beads to your liking. Once finished, tie them to the bottom of the ring.
Now you can enjoy your beautiful dream catcher and dream without limits! See you soon! ♥
Source and images: hellomay.com
Visit my online store to see and buy the prettiest printable designs for your next party, and without moving from your house!