What a good idea! Give the little ones a carrot of homemade plasticine type Play-Doh for them to play and have fun on Easter Sunday, I thought it was a great and unexpected idea for them. Of course the Easter egg is unavoidable, but we can add this detail that you’re going to love.
I confess I didn’t try this recipe, but it has the same ingredients as the recipe. modelling clay homemade that I shared a while ago, only in different amounts. It is extremely simple to prepare and in a few minutes you will have it ready to give away! Just have all the ingredients at hand and cellophane bags to wrap them, ribbon to make some buns and some Easter card to decorate the bag. In my online shop there are printable multipurpose toppers which can be downloaded for free, will come in handy.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup salt
- 2 tsp. cream of tartar (purchased at bakery supply stores)
- 1 tbsp. cooking oil
- Edible dye orange
- Place dry ingredients in a pot, add oil, water and coloring.
- Take to the fire and stir. At the beginning the preparation will be full of lumps, but it is necessary to stir with energy to unify the ingredients well.
- Keep stirring until a ball is made in the spoon or whisk and comes off the walls of the pot.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- When it no longer burns, knead for a few minutes.
- Leave to cool completely and use your hands to form the carrots you need. Place them in cellophane bags, close the bag with a ribbon and place a decorative topper if desired.
If you need more details you can watch the step-by-step video here.